Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Kyoto


Kyoto: temples galore and geishas. Before visiting Japan, this was the city I was most interested in seeing. It turned out to be my least favourite place in Japan, but was still pretty great.


I left my little yellow journal in the back pocket of the seat in front of me on the Hiroshima-Osaka train. By the time I realised this, I was sitting down and drinking a coffee near the Kyoto train station. I went to the Lost and Found there, and they called the Osaka station. As you can see, someone turned it in, and they had it at the Lost and Found in Osaka. Japan is amazing that way. I actually do believe that passengers back here in Canada would be good enough to turn such a notebook to a Via Train employee, but I also believe they would just toss it in the trash, rather than have to fill out a form and file it.

No comments: